The Lake LBJ Real Estate blog
If you are in the market for an affordable lake house that offers everything you need for year around enjoyment but won’t break the bank I have the perfect opportunity. Details below.
517 E Briarway in Granite Shoals
- 3 bed, 3 bath with two living rooms and approx 2096 sq ft.
- Two lots + 3rd septic lot and a total of 100 waterfront feet
- Over-sized teak deck and lots of outdoor living
- Boat dock with electric lift plus two waverunner lifts
Contact me at (512) 786-1515 to schedule a showing or for more assistance with waterfront property on Lake LBJ
The Carvajal Group LLC
If you are in the market for a prime waterfront tract on Lake Lake LBJ I have a great opportunity that you won’t want to miss! Below are a few details on the property:
2805 W Belaire in Granite Shoals
- 4 bed, 2 bath, approx 2364 sq ft built in 1970
- Approx 192 waterfront feet, east-facing with Granite bottom, ideal for swimming and recreation
- Two-stall boat dock with Trex decking
If you or someone you know is interested in looking at this property or assistance with Lake LBJ Real Estate please give me a call at (512) 786-1515
Attention all contractors, entrepreneurs, investors and small business owners in the Lake LBJ area: Are you tired of paying rent? Ready to start building equity through real estate? Our newest listing in the Highland Lakes is prime commercial property with great frontage and visibility on FM 1431 in between Marble Falls and Kingsland in Granite Shoals. This .86 acre tract features two large metal buildings, previously used as a tire repair shop and offers a ton of opportunity with endless possibilities. This property has a active water well, which new wells are no longer allowed to be drilled in the city limits adding to its value.
This excellent commercial property is listed at $125,000 and would be a good investment for any business owner working in or around the Lake LBJ real estate market. Contact me at (512) 786-1515 for more information – Eric Carvajal TREC#0551482
The 2900 Bridge in Kingsland, Texas is now under construction and TxDOT is inviting you to the groundbreaking ceremony this Friday Novemeber 9th at 11am. The ceremony will take place on the north side of the Llano river arm of Lake LBJ. If you plan on attending they are asking you to please RSVP through email at Bradleywheelistxdotgov Below is a link to the invitiation
If you have questions about your Lake LBJ real estate value after this historic flood or need assistance cleaning up or rebuilding do not hesitate to reach out at (512) 786-1515.
Many people have been asking what I foresee in the Lake LBJ real estate market, after the historic flood. While the flood significantly damaged many properties on the lake I don’t believe you will see a big dip in the value of Lake LBJ Real Estate and here is why:
1. Most, if not all, recently built properties on Lake LBJ did not flood. These homes were built based on the most recent flood map update and were built to current flood specifications so these homes were not effected
2. Properties that did flood were properties that were known to have a real flood risk. I have spoken to many owners that did not carry flood insurance on these properties and gave the reason of the high cost to not carry. This high cost is high because of the fact that there was and is a significant flood risk. There may be a few opportunities in this category for flooded properties but if the properties are not taken into current flood standards its hard to believe they will be good investments. If a particular property has the main living areas elevated and only had a flooded basement that was built to withstand the flood then there is not much to worry about and these are still great properties although flood coverage wont be cheap.
3. For older homes that have the top of the finished flood below the base flood elevation these homes likely need to be torn down. In most cases the county is going to require them to be rebuilt/relocated on higher ground and any properties not brought up to current flood standards will be hard to insure. These are the properties that incurred the most damage but most of these homes lie on prime waterfront properties and they won’t sell below land value. There are many investors in the market place for good pieces of develop-able land so these properties will be in high demand
So where then does the opportunity lie? I believe the best option for buying a good deal on Lake LBJ will be to focus on non-flooded properties that have been on the market for a long time. In some cases (not all) owners will be ready to “Move on” and negotiate aggressively to get a deal done. The sellers are happy to have escaped the flood but felt the pressure and wont to remove the potential risk from their portfolio. In a second home market its rare that anyone is broke given the strength of the economy so I don’t expect all sellers to be motivated but I encourage buyers to hire the LBJ Expert (ME!) so I can help you capitalize on this opportunity. In fact I have a few potential targets as we speak.
As for prime, non-flooded properties – In my opinion these homes just had their value proved. Homes built on high ground will be more valuable then flooded homes and for anyone that had a worry about flooding we now have real, relevant information hat shows which properties are safe and which are not.
If you have questions about the market or would like to discuss the current opportunities for Lake LBJ real estate give me a call at (512) 786-1515. Hope to hear from you soon!
Below is an updated on the 2900 Bridge in Kingsland, Texas from TXDOT:
2900 Bridge Update from TXDOT
“Our engineers are aggressively working towards developing plans for a new bridge that will better serve the needs of the public in the future. 95% complete plans are due this Friday. We will meet with FHWA next Monday to discuss the plans and improvements. Once we receive FHWA’s ok, we will be able to go out for bids from contractors. We have received approval to execute our contract under our emergency maintenance contracting procedures which will cut out a lot of time from the normal bidding process. All in all, we should be under construction beginning of December, if not earlier.”
“Construction time frame is still being worked out but looks on the range between 6 and 9 months depending on contractor work hours (shooting for 24/7), # number of drill crews available to match time frame and other variables still being hashed out. As the plan is more defined, I’ll pass it along.”
For more helpful information surrounding Lake LBJ real estate contact me at (512) 786-1515. If we can be of assistance during this difficult time do not hesitate to reach out
As you know our community has been hit pretty hard by a historic flood that battered the shores of Lake LBJ. While this is not something that we will forget I am confident that we will come out of this better and stronger. Our team has created a Flood Resource page on our website with recommendations for vendors to help with cleanup and also helpful information for those effected by the floods. If you have a specific need that we can assist with do not hesitate to reach out!
If you have questions about how this event may affect your Lake LBJ real estate please call me at (512) 786-1515
The Carvajal Group is pleased to announce our must recent success story in Horseshoe Bay. We aggressively priced 213 Bay Point in Horseshoe Bay at $2,000,000 and received multiple offers on this Horseshoe Bay estate. The property is under contract for over asking price and we believe this is a win-win for both the buyer and seller.
When selling a home on Lake LBJ, effectively pricing a home is extremely critical. We believe that a aggressive price tag will always generate the most interest and typical lead to a quick sale. Some sellers don’t like the word “quick” because they feel that they are leaving money on the table but in our experience the properties that sell the fastest are the ones in which the seller has the most leverage.
If you have every considered selling Lake LBJ real estate, specifically a property in Horseshoe Bay, contact me today at (512) 786-1515 and allow us the opportunity to show you why we are the best for the job. I look forward to hearing from you!